Monday, December 24, 2007

What time workers leave and come back home

What time you come back home from work affects your private time. You could spend with your family and friends if you come back early. If you come back late you just eat and go to bed.

I finish work around 9pm and come back home around 10pm usually. Sometimes 11pm. I hear other country people come back home around 6pm. To them, I might work too long and not normal. But I don't think so. I take a train from home to my office, and I always see a lot of workers at the station around 9 or 10. Do we come to our office like 12am? No, I come to my office around 9am. I take a train from a station near my house to one of the biggest station in Osaka named Umeda, and change to another train to the station near my office. Both when I go to and come back from my office, the Umeda has so many people, and these two trains are fully packed. In these trains in the morning, the seats are occupied, and even the floor! There's no rooms for us to move your leg while standing....it looks like a huge elevator with fully on-board. What's worse than a elevator is that because a train sways every directions, your body was hit and jostled in the crowd.

This shows a lot of workers leave home in the morning and come back late. And by hearing from my friends, watching TV, reading newspapers and so on.... it's pretty normal to Japanese workers.

No comments:

About this blog

In this blog, I tell you what Japanese workers do while they are working. I believe it's very mysterious to other country's people, especially Europians, because it is said that Japanese work style is different from other areas, and it is not easy for other country's people to come into the Japanese worker's territory, as not so many of them work in Japan. You have little chances to learn it from Japanese workers, because they're pretty busy working all the time. Even if luckily you meet some of them, unluckily they probably don't speak English. Remember that most of Japanese can't speak English.

Shortly, I reveal 'the real world of Japanese workers' in this blog. I also tell you something different about Japan and Japanese: life, culture, customs, etc. I hope you enjoy reading my blog.